f
s

You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Skyforge - Official Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 3:08pm

The Divine Observatory

It's time to continue the journey through the world of Skyforge! Today we are revealing one of the most significant features of our game, the Divine Observatory.

For the residents of Aelion, the Divine Observatory is a global surveillance and warning system. Its task is to monitor and display the pleas for help of Aelion's mortals and send immortals to their aid.

For players, it is a single point of entry into all sorts of adventures!

The Divine Observatory, as well as special Access points located throughout the whole planet, will quickly take you to where your help is needed most.

When you first begin your journey from immortal to godhood only a few adventures will be open but more and more will become available to you as you progress. During the first hundred hours of play time, the immortal heroes of Aelion will participate in more than 40 exciting solo and group PvE-adventures. There are also five different types of PvP competitions for PvP fans and ten vast open world locations that can be explored for hours and hours.

There are a multitude of activities open to players in the Divine Observatory, and your choice is not limited in any way. It’s up to you to decide whether you would like to develop your character for PvP or PvE and then quickly jump into the content you prefer.

A normal adventure can be completed in an average of 15-25 minutes, while open world locations can take hours and hours to explore.

The Divine Observatory is updated every 40 minutes. Any changes in the adventures open to you or their rewards will be immediately displayed on the globe, a miniature projection of the planet. The system updates the list of “hot spots”, allowing players to easily see and participate in all cur-rently active events.

Open adventures and their rewards are updated every 40 minutes.

You are free to replay specific individual and group PvE-missions you enjoy again and again, and their rewards grow as your prestige grows, so they remain useful to your development and progression. After repeating an adventure several times, the difficulty will increase, and so will the amount and value of the rewards. Of course, other types of content also remain relevant to you as you grow as well. For example, the matchmaking system always tries to find the most suitable opponents when it picks players for PvP battles.

From the Divine Observatory you can enter the queue to participate in a group adventure and then go to one of the open world locations to continue completing simple tasks while the system is looking for a suitable group.

There are also additional recommended events which will appear in the Divine Observatory from time-to-time (adventure of the day, week and month). These recommended events are a great way to test your characters progression or try a different class. Sometimes the reward for the recommended event is so high that even an avid PvP player may decide to participate in a PvE adventure, or a confirmed Paladin will set off for Factory 501 as a Cryomancer.

The Divine Observatory also displays upcoming adventures that will soon become available.

The number you see in this picture above is Prestige - the main indicator of character development. It is affected by new unlocked classes, abilities, talents, equipment upgrades and many other things. When you reach a certain amount, new adventure and content are automatically unlocked.

Over time, there will be there will be a growing array of adventures and content available to you.

As heroes complete PvE and PvP adventures, they receive rewards including; Credits, the most common money on Aelion. Gems of Insight, which are used to develop your characters skills and talents, unlocking new classes and characteristics, and Exotic Currencies, which can be used to buy new outfits, customizing the look of your character.

As your prestige grows, the list of rewards expands. While at the first the characters receive only Gems of Insight, later their adventures will earn them other new and valuable resources. Over time, more and more difficult tasks will become available to you, including massive guild activities with their own rules and prizes, but that’s a topic for another day.

Let us know what you think of the Divine Observatory! If you want the chance to see if it for yourself make sure you sign up for the Skyforge Beta now!

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 3:27pm

Holy smokes! That sounds interesting!

Velad

Trainee

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 3:34pm

This is an interesting feature. The increasing difficulty will keep the content relevant all the time.
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
~Lord George Gordon Byron

Bakkoda24

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 3:36pm

I do think this is a fantastic idea. Yes, there are lobbies, which will turn people off due to it not being immersive enough for them but I think it is an awesome feature that leaves a lot of room for development. I enjoyed this type of feature in Warframe and I am almost certain I will enjoy it in Skyforge.

A few questions though:
-I see that the rewards for some missions are orange hexagons and some are green. Is this just an indicator of the amount of reward or is it the type of reward? I also see different icons for missions.
-Can we expect mission types like reconnaissance, assassinate, defend, and exterminate? Or will there be a larger number of mission types for us to do?
-Will the mission replay-ability include different mission types every time? Say I destroy a Virth nest for one mission. Every time the map updates and that mission pops up again, will it always be another Virth nest or will it be something else?
-What other features can be accessed while we're in the Divine Observatory?

I'll post these in the new Q&A as well. Great post, Drew!

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 3:40pm

A few questions though...

I'll post these in the new Q&A as well. Great post, Drew!

Join us today at 10:00am PDT / 12:00pm CDT for a live Q&A with Skyforge Development Director Eric DeMilt on Gamepedia.com! You can submit your questions directly :)

Ornstein

Beginner

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 3:44pm

Its sounds great, the only thing i'm worried about is if we will have to repeat the same lvl or area and grind gear just so we can play the next area

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 3:50pm

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 4:24pm

so game is now officialy confirmed to be INSTANCE BASED and NOT OPEN WORLD?

can someone comfirm?

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 4:41pm

so game is now officialy confirmed to be INSTANCE BASED and NOT OPEN WORLD?

can someone comfirm?

Well, it does say this in the article:

"When you first begin your journey from immortal to godhood only a few adventures will be open but more and more will become available to you as you progress. During the first hundred hours of play time, the immortal heroes of Aelion will participate in more than 40 exciting solo and group PvE-adventures. There are also five different types of PvP competitions for PvP fans and ten vast open world locations that can be explored for hours and hours."

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 4:48pm

awesome work , seems like game is gonna be huge and packed with endless content from beginning ... but =.= what is client size I doubt it would be 40gb+ considering this much content and hight graphics it would be well worth hahah

Ralanost

Professional

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 5:41pm

I just hope the open world areas will still give enough of a MMORPG feel to them. I don't want to feel boxed in. Almost sounds like the world is set up a bit like Monster Hunter. As long as the hunting areas aren't broken up like Monster Hunter with several loading screens, I might be ok with it. Still, the whole lobby thing has me worried.

Skorge

Trainee

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 5:51pm

Looking Good!

My PC Specs:
*Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
*AMD FX-4170 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~4.2GHz
*16384MB RAM
*AMD Radeon HD 7850 OC 2Gb

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 6:07pm

Grate concept

Very interesting concept. Remind me a bit of Warframe but i'm a fan of that concept too.

Cant wait for Closed beta to test this concept. I love this game and i'm loving it every community update you put up to share with us.

I thank God (MY SELF) that your the ones who is making this game.

-> Future Founder Pack Here. Pay some money for Development and in return you become GOD!! wins me over.

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 6:33pm

In about half an hour Eric DeMilt, one of the producers of Skyforge at Obsidian, will be answering a couple questions about the Divine Observatory in the comments of our recent article. If you have any questions for Eric feel free to log in and ask them there.

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 7:33pm

only if it could have been a chat box , but it is interesting too

Mandodo69

Trainee

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 7:42pm

OMG can I please have a beta key now? ^^

herosmustdie

Professional

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 8:04pm

I get a fell this concept is similar to Dragon Nest , war frame, I am good with it as far I can mix and match my skills, I hope its not so instance based. When will I get my beta key :)

Everyone have there own taste & preference if they don't agree to something don't try to force them. Please try to value their feelings. Life is short try to live happy & make others happy :)

Bronzy

Trainee

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 9:11pm

I LOVE IT
seems like warframe cant wait
Death By Chocolate

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 10:06pm

Absolutely awesome concept. I can't wait to start playing. BETA KEY!!!

Wednesday, July 2nd 2014, 10:23pm

this seems like its going to be the first truly endless adventure mmo ever! Cant wait! This and blade and soul are all the mmos i need.